We are a small rural school, preschool through 8th grade, located in the heart of the beautiful Sulphur Springs Valley. Ash Creek School began as a one-room schoolhouse in 1910. Today, we are proud to be an innovative small school.
- We have a low student-to-teacher ratio. This means that each student receives individualized attention from a Highly Qualified teacher.
- We have a friendly campus. Every staff member on campus will know your child by name! The school and bus drivers will work with you if there are special considerations as to where your child will be picked up or dropped off. The office staff will know you and your child and will be most helpful in every way. Even the Principal will know each child as an individual and is always available to meet with her or him.
- We have enthusiastic, creative teachers. Our teachers are all Highly Qualified, dedicated professionals who enjoy teaching and enjoy working with children.
- We individualize. We recognize that each child is a unique individual with a range of talents. Teachers regularly tailor lessons to individual student needs, whether they are above or below grade level.
- We have high standards. We expect students to do their best, just as we expect each staff member and teacher to do his or her best.
- We’re inclusive. We teach in ways that allow students with special education needs to remain in regular classrooms. We emphasize teamwork and the value each individual brings to the team.
- We’re innovative. We bring the arts, outdoor classroom, and technologies such as Computer Lab, classroom cameras, and SmartBoards into our teaching. This means that students with different learning styles feel welcome at our school.
Ash Creek School is a very special place. We invite you to visit us to see our approach for yourself.